Posted on 07 February 2019
- 1 1/2 pounds thin veal cutlets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup veal stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced salt and pepper to taste
• • • • • • • • • •
Lightly flour veal cutlets, and shake off the excess. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place cutlets in pan, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned and nearly cooked through. Remove veal from pan, and set aside.
Saute garlic and shallots in skillet until shallots are tender. Stir in mushrooms, and continue to cook until mushrooms begin to sweat. Pour in the wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring with a spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Pour in stock, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until liquid begins to reduce.
Return veal to pan with artichokes, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, arrange the veal on plates, and spoon the sauce over.