Elegant Pork Loin Roast Recipe
Posted on 07 February 2019
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice, divided
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan. Mix together the mustard and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar; spread over the roast.
- Roast for 3 hours in the preheated oven, basting with 1/4 cup of apple juice every 30 minutes. Roast is done when the internal temperature reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- During the last hour the roast is cooking, combine the prunes, apricots, red wine, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup of the juices from the roasting pan, and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon the fruit around the roast in the roasting pan during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- When the roast is done, place it onto a serving platter and spoon the fruit around it. Remove 1/4 cup of the drippings from the roasting pan, and mix with the cornstarch. Stir into the pan of drippings, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring gently until thickened and no longer cloudy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a gravy boat or serving bowl.
- Slice the roast, and pass the sauce for guests to serve themselves.